Monday, July 16, 2007

Corrupted MS Entourage 2004

In a rush to leave the office on Friday, I closed my Mac Book Pro and didn't bother shutting down my apps (including Microsoft Entourage 2004). Much to my dismay this Monday morning, my Entourage would start to have strange errors and wouldn't allow me to open anything in the client or close message windows. Eventually, I would force Entourage to quit, and get the "do you want to submit this error" window. Clicking on "Details" I would see

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE

Apparently, I corrupted the local database for my Entourage 2004 client. I found this post to a newsgroup via Google with the answer. The abbreviated fix is

1. Start the Database Utility. To do this, hold down the OPTION key on the keyboard, and then start Entourage. The Database Utility window opens. In the Database Utility window, you have the option to select the database that you want to maintain.

2. Run the "Verify database integrity." If problems are found, you can select the option to rebuild the database.

After I rebuilt the database, Entourage started up and proceeded to download my mail again from our Exchange server.

2 comments:

Alex said...

As a rule in similar situations I use next software-windows me outlook express address book corrupted,because program has many resoursec and it has likewise free status as far as I know,tool helps to repair contact entries from corrupted Windows Address Book files (wab and wa~ extension) and undelete contacts, removed by mistake or due to any other threat,recovery of damaged wab files in the same hour after the appearance of error messages, when trying to access wab files,recovery of damaged Address Book files, when Outlook Express missing Address Book Windows 2000,automatically moves to the next step of Outlook Express Address Book failure Windows Me repair,restored by Outlook Express contacts Windows Address Book, it should be done, if you're going to make your own opinion about the efficiency of Outlook Express missing Address Book Windows 2000 recovery,supports two ways of recover Outlook Express Address Book Windows 98, restored contacts can be exported as separate files in vCard format or as a file with csv extension,contacts may be also selected and exported back to newly created Windows Address Book file after Outlook Express Address Book failure Windows Me.

Reamer77 said...

@Alex

Windows ME??? Windows 98??? Is this spam?